Cached CUPS GUI password ?

Keith Roberts keith.roberts at lecroy.com
Mon Jan 21 07:41:16 PST 2008

OS RHEL4
CUPS cups-1.1.22-0.rc1.9.20.2.el4_5.2

I have setup CUPS setup out of the (redhat) box.  It is requiring
BASIC authentication for admin users and only allowing local access.

It works fine.  The first time a user tries to do an administrative
action he has to provide the root user/password.

After this has been done once he is never asked again.  Cups can
be restarted, the browser can be closed and opened it still doesn't ask.

a.  There are no stored username/passwords
b.  There are no cookies

HOWEVER

c.  If I delete the .mozilla area to force firefox to re-initialize
it now starts asking once more for a username /password again.

QUESTION

What is being cached and where ?