[cups.general] Cached CUPS GUI password ?

Keith Roberts keith.roberts at lecroy.com
Mon Jan 21 09:02:47 PST 2008

Thanks for your response, I would have expected this behavior if it stopped after I ended my Firefox session.

>Keith Roberts wrote:
>> QUESTION
>>
>> What is being cached and where ?

>The browser is caching it while the program is running.  This is
>not unique to CUPS...

What surprised me was :
I could kill firefox restart it and still get access (until I deleted its setup directory).

I didn't think that was normal behavior.

That led me to believe something was being permanentlly cached by the browser.  My concern is that the info includes my root password and I want to be sure it isn't being left around in the browser config files somewhere.

regards

kmrbrierley