[cups.general] Policy with multiple cases for different clients

Michael R Sweet msweet at apple.com
Wed Jan 23 14:22:43 PST 2008

voravit wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to set up CUPS policy to have different rules for different machines from different networks. Does anyone have any suggestion?

In general, this is not possible.  As I mentioned in a recent posting on
this subject, the "Satisfy any" directive can be used to allow
unauthenticated access from specific addresses while others need to be
authenticated.

However, there is no way to say "for 10.0.0.1, use Basic authentication
and require membership in group foo, while for 10.0.0.2 use Kerberos and
require membership in group bar".