ImagingBoundingBox in Leopard is bigger than in Tiger

radj iamradj at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 18:35:32 PST 2008

Hello,

We dumped the page headers for the same document using the same application in Leopard & Tiger.

We noticed that the height and width dimensions of ImagingBoundingBox (we'll refer to as IBB here on) in LPD were

bigger than in Tiger. The values are now something like this:

IBB_LPD[height] == IBB_TGR[height] + Margins_LPD[height]
IBB_LPD[width] == IBB_TGR[width] + Margins_LPD[width]

1st Q: is this functioning as designed in LPD?

we are deriving our printable height using this formula:

printable height = (IBB[height] x HW resolution[height]) / 72

Since the IBB height in LPD is bigger, we have a longer printable height which is kinda causing some problems. If I

wanted to make a work around to get back to the printable height we had in Tiger,

printable height = ( (IBB_LPD[height] - Margins_LPD[height]) x HW resolution[height] ) / 72

But I don't think it's a good & clean idea. Since IBB is rounded off to the nearest ones, our printable height is a

value which is close to cupsHeight. I kind of want to use cupsHeight instead of the formula since it's constant

between Tiger and Leopard.

2nd Q: is our formula for printable height just similar to cupsHeight? I'm just trying to make sure.

Thanks,

radj

PS: I posted something like this somewhere just a few minutes ago and I lost track of it and it didn't show up in the listing :( So I'm reposting it here in cups.bugs. Please answer the other one as duplicate to this since I've discussed it better here.