Using Cups and Samba for Kyocera - A4 doesn't work

Tobias mr.john_doe at web.de
Thu Jan 24 04:01:49 PST 2008

Hello,

we want to use cups as a printerserver for our classrooms with our Kyocera-printers.
So we have installed cups and samba and downloaded the drivers from the Kyocera-Homepage (Postscript PPD).
Then we configured the printers and make them visible in Samba.
We can connect from our Windowsmachines and so we think, everything is fine.
The problem is, that we are in germany, so we have a4 as paperformat instead of letter.
In the PPD A4 is selected but when we send an printjob from our windowsmachine, the printers waits for letter.
When we look at the printersettings, there is letter selected in paperformat. When we change this to A4 all works fine. But we want to bring out the printers via script and so thats not a good way. So I want to ask who knows this problem and a solution?

Thank you...

Here is our lpoptions:
printserv-cp1:~/bin/PPD# lpoptions -p Kyocera-FS1920-LO113-Support -l
JCLEconomode/EcoPrint: *Off On
Option01/Optional Feeder: None *MF1 EF1
Option20/Paper Feeders: *None One Two Three
Option16/Duplex Unit: False *True
Option17/Output Device: *None SO60
Option18/Optional Disk: *None MicroDrive RAMDisk
InstalledMemory/Memory: *32MB 48MB 64MB 96MB 160MB 288MB
Resolution/Resolution: 300dpi *600dpi 800dpi
Smoothing/KIR: *True False
PageSize/Media Size: *A4 A5 A6 B5 ISOB5 B6 OficioII Folio Statement P16K Letter Legal Executive EnvPersonal Env9 Env10 EnvMonarch EnvDL EnvC5 Custom
PageRegion/PageRegion: A4 A5 A6 B5 ISOB5 B6 Letter Legal Executive EnvPersonal Env9 Env10 EnvMonarch EnvDL EnvC5 OficioII Folio Statement P16K
InputSlot/Media Source: *Internal PF60A PF60B PF60C EF1 MF1 MF
MediaType/Media Type: *PrnDef Plain Transparency Labels Letterhead Bond Color Preprinted Prepunched Recycled Rough Cardstock Vellum Envelope User1 User2 User3 User4 User5 User6 User7 User8
OutputBin/Output Bin: *FDTop FDSorter FDCollator FDMB01 FDMB02 FDMB03 FDMB04 FDMB05
Duplex/Duplexing: *None DuplexTumble DuplexNoTumble
KCCollate/Job Settings: *None Temp0 Temp Perm VMBAdmin VMBUser01 VMBUser02 VMBUser03 VMBUser04 VMBUser05 VMBUser06 VMBUser07 VMBUser08 VMBUser09 VMBUser10 QuickCopy ProofHold JobStorage
TraySwitch/Auto Tray Switch: *PrnDef
KMVersion/PPD Version: *Default