[cups.general] Bifrost - Open Source Follow-Me Printing Solution

Knut-Olav Hoven hovenko at linpro.no
Thu Jan 24 07:16:53 PST 2008

Hello,

I want to inform you that the company I work for, Linpro AS, has created an
open source follow-me printing system called Bifrost. It is released under
the terms of GNU GPL version 2.

It uses CUPS for managing printers. We have written two CUPS backends, where
the first makes it possible for CUPS to accept all print jobs from clients
using IPP, and routes them to an empty printer class to be held. The second
backend is used to count the number of pages to print, update the users quota
(integrates with a server based on the Catalyst web framework) and sends the
job to the printer using standard CUPS backends.

More about the project in this blog entry:
http://www.hoven.ws/blog/2008/01/24/presenting-bifrost-follow-me-printing-and-printout-management/.

The project is homed at http://bifrost.projects.linpro.no/.

--
Knut-Olav Hoven
Systemutvikler               mob: +47 986 71 700