[cups.general] Print-Job operation

Michael R Sweet msweet at apple.com
Thu Jan 24 10:21:45 PST 2008

angelb wrote:
> Am I totaly confused how this work and unknowingly misconfigured CUPS
> to act this way? Or is that how Print-Job is designed to work?

You can require a valid user without specifying the AuthType in
the Limit section; this will allow command-line users to supply
the requesting-user-name attribute with the current username, but
web users will need to authenticate to provide their username.

So:

     <Limit Print-Job Create-Job Send-Document>
     Require valid-user
     </Limit>