[cups.general] Strange kerberos problem

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Tue Jan 29 00:38:13 PST 2008

On Mon, 28 Jan 2008, Michael R Sweet wrote:

> Same machine?

Two machines, the one that was causing problems, and another one setup to test
this.

> Hmm, have you tried a fresh kinit to reset your credentials?

Yep.  I can use a single unix account, and kinit any credential other than my
own and it works fine.

> Any errors on the KDC?

Active Directory that I don't have direct access to.  In ways I've not yet
investigated I get a "large" ticket that the KDC sends over TCP rather than
UDP.  The ticket works just fine with smbclient or ldapsearch.  The largeness
I understand to be to do with being a member of many groups or similar.  I
need to read up more on that.  I'm going to try to find another complicated
user to see if cups also has problems with them.

I'd never previously adequately considered what was stored within the response
to a kinit.

jh

--
"A woman rang to say she heard there was a hurricane on the way.  Well, don't
  worry, there isn't."                                -- Michael Fish