[cups.general] How to stop CUPS from restarting jobs with errors

John Rowan rowan at rownetco.com
Thu Jan 31 08:32:09 PST 2008

I have been having problems where running reports overnight one or more
of the jobs will encounter a problem which causes CUPS to restart the
job from the beginning.  Last night the one report requeued 32 times
before exhausting the paper in the box.  I looked through
/etc/cups/cupsd.conf and don't see anything I can change to have CUPS
not restart a job that had an error.  This is an older Red Hat 9 server
scheduled to be upgraded later this year.  There is a proprietary
application on the server that required RH9 which recently had an update
so I can move to a newer distribution / release.  Until that upgrade is
put in place I have to get the older server to handle errors more
gracefully.  The version of CUPS is cups-1.1.17-13