[cups.bugs] [HIGH] STR #2658: Identifying on a https/ipp printserver requiring a username at domain username fails

Colbrac colbrac at xs4all.nl
Tue Jan 8 11:32:08 PST 2008

[STR New]

I am unable to print to the corporate network printers here. The reason is
that the device URI should be something like:
https://name@domain.net:password@srv.domain.net/printers/ID/.printer
What happens is that the first @ is taken as the end of the authentication
part.
I tried to find the solution online and the only comment I found was for
smb authentication which says 'don't use @ in your username'. :S
I'm sure it is possible to get this to work, e.g. I follow the manual for
Mac OSX which is also CUPS right?
Maybe the possibility should be created in the web interface for adding
the username and password in separate fields?

Note: I tried to make this work by symlinking the ipp file to https in the
cups folder so the option 'internet printing (https)' shows up. Maybe this
is wrong?

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L2658
Version: 1.3-current