Unable to write print data: Broken pipe

Verena Alishahi v.alishahi at fz-juelich.de
Thu Jul 3 08:53:44 PDT 2008

> I happen to have access to a SuSE 10.3 box with CUPS 1.3.6 installed and
> just tested to print a test page to a HP 4100 dtn printer configured
> to use the socket backend. It worked as expected.
>
> Perhaps you post more details about that printer and the PPD you use.
> Are you sure the PPD is the correct one for your printer?
>
> Helge

Till now I tried to use the ppd file from linuxfoundation.org. With cups 1.1.23 this worked fine. I just tried the ppd file from HP itself, but the same error occurs.
Now I'll have a look to the HPJetDirect Firmware of the printer. Perhaps there is an update available.
I want to test an other HP printer, too. I'll post the result tomorrow.

cheers,
Verena