Native Windows CUPS client ?

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Thu Jul 3 12:49:42 PDT 2008

Andreas Moroder wrote:

>>> What's your opinion ?
>>
>> The problem is that the Windows printer environment does not support
>> the full range of C APIs, so supporting CUPS raster may be
>> problematic.
>>
> Hello,
>
> maybe I will discover the reason in the next days, but at present I am
> at page 237 of the CUPS book ;)

A Windows driver that provides CUPS raster basically is acting as a
RIP filter for CUPS.  In order to do that, you need to load and "mark"
the PPD file, interpret the marked options to create a page header for
each page, and tell Windows what size and colorspace of raster data
to provide.  You'll also likely need to support colorspace conversion
and dithering.