Unable to write print data: Broken pipe

Verena Alishahi v.alishahi at fz-juelich.de
Fri Jul 4 02:04:24 PDT 2008

> Did you tried the generic PPD?
> Did you tried the PPD's from cups?
>
> as you described the printer was working with cups 1.1.23.
> And now the firmware is broken?
>
> Does: cat /usr/share/cups/data/testprint.ps | netcat <printer-ip> 9100
> work?
>
> regards
> Franz

Dear Franz,

this was an important hint! First
cat /usr/share/cups/data/testprint.ps | netcat <printer-ip> 9100
didn't work.
So I had a look on the printer webinterface and there I found, that only the old cups-server IP was allowed to access the printers device. After inserting the ip-address of the new cups-server to the printers access control list, everything works.
Both printing the test page directly with the above command and printing the test page from the cups webinterface works now.

But yesterday evening I tried to configure the printer with ipp, and curiously I could print the test page with ipp. Only about socket it didn't worked. So it seems, that the printers ACL only influences Port 9100?

I'm really uncomfortable with causing inconvenience to all of you!
Thank you very much!

best regards,
Verena