I can only print pdfs from clients :(

LEM Loic l.lem at tele2.fr
Sat Jul 5 09:39:59 PDT 2008

Hello, I'm a french user of cups

I'm making a printing server whith a machine under ubuntu server edition.
I've tested differents printers whith Cups, each time the problem is the same :

-The printer is ok on Cups (currently i'm testing whith a Pixma mp520) , I can print the cups test page.
-The sharing is ok whith samba, I'm using the cups driver for windows (v6).

But on my client PCs (under winXP) I can only print pdfs !
Others documenhts like .doc, .txt, simple images, web pages and others, just dont print ! There are no errors in the queue or in the logs.

I don't understand !
I need some help please.

thank you for reading.