[cups.general] Fax PDE issue

Arvind Nayak arvind.n at mac.com
Mon Jul 7 03:03:16 PDT 2008

Greetings!

I am working on a fax driver. I am using OS supported fax PDE, i.e I have set *cupsFax" as true. By doing so "Fax Information" panel is selected by default when ever I select the fax queue. OS supported panel has limited feature, so I would like to use custom "Fax Information" panel.

 I tried to override this using custom PDE of kind kPMFaxCoverPagePDEKindID. But this is not working as expected, instead a new PDE gets listed in the print dialog. But if I override kPMFaxModemPDEKindID then the "Fax Modem" panel gets overridden with new panel mentioned in the PDE.

It would be great if anyone can point me to some kind of documentation to resolve this issue. I would like know if we can override "Fax Information" panel provided by OS.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Arvind.