OSX 10.4.11 cups

Paul Henkart phenkart at ucsd.edu
Mon Jul 7 16:21:11 PDT 2008

In my ignorance I compiled and installed cups from cups.org on an iMac running 10.4.11.  Now localhost:631 nor PrintCenter work.  I tried pacifist to reinstall bits and pieces from the install disk without success.  (FYI I need to set HP DesignJet plotters to raw so I can send HP-RTL directly to the printer).

I read somewhere that cups.org version doesn't work on Macs.  I certainly clobbered Apples version when I make install on the cups.org version.

I need to get either Apple's version or cups.org version going.

Thanks in advance.

Paul