[cups.general] "Filter "pstopxl" for printer "medtech" notavailable: No such file or directory"

Andreas Moroder andreas.moroder at sb-brixen.it
Tue Jul 8 22:45:37 PDT 2008

Michael R Sweet schrieb:
> Andreas Moroder wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I installed a printer and did choose the "HP Color LaserJet Series PCL
>> 6 CUPS" driver. Now I get the error message
>>
>> "HP Color LaserJet Series PCL 6 CUPS"
>>
>> locate shows that the file is available but in lib64
>>
>> atlas2:~ # locate pstopxl
>> /usr/lib64/cups/filter/pstopxl
>>
>> Is there a way to find out if cups is compiled in 32 or 64 bit mode ?
>
> "file /usr/sbin/cupsd"
>
> More than likely your Linux distro hasn't packaged the Ghostscript
> files properly.

Hello,

because SLES 10 contains only a very old version ( 1.1.23 ) we compiled
the sources. Probably we did something wrong.

File returns

atlas2:/usr/sbin # file /usr/sbin/cupsd
/usr/sbin/cupsd: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, AMD x86-64, version 1
(SYSV), for GNU/Linux 2.6.4, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for
GNU/Linux 2.6.4, not stripped

The file pstopxl is in
/usr/lib64/cups/filter/pstopxl

So what is wrong here ?