server now requesting authorization to print to fax

Erich Wetzel mail at wetzelandson.com
Thu Jul 10 15:43:37 PDT 2008

I don't think that I have changed anything but yesterday our print server on Mac Server 10.5.3 started asking the clients Mac 10.5.3 and 10.5.4 to authenticate only when printing to the external fax modem we have on the server. No print jobs going through the server to the fax now... Nuisance.

No actual request for authentication.

The job immediately goes on hold saying authentication required in the clients queue.

Clients all browsepoll the server for its printers and fax.  As far as I can tell all network services are running correctly

Any ideas what I may have done?

Thank you.

-Erich