Double-sided printing A3 printing with generic PCL

Andreas Moroder andreas.moroder at sb-brixen.it
Fri Jul 11 02:34:21 PDT 2008

> now I selected the "HP LaserJet Series PCL 4/5, 1.3" driver and duplex
> printing works, but....
> The white borders are too large ( 11mm top, 13mm bottom ) so the upper
> and lower part of the documents are not printed.
> Where can I change the border settings ?

Hello,

I discovered that the ImageableArea in the ppd file defines the borders.
When I set the lower the second parameter the lower border of the page
becomes smaller and that is wath I want.
When I increase the fourth parameter the upper border does not decrease,
the values on the metric scala becomer bigger ( 29 cm instead of 28 )
and part of the lower side of the document is no more printed.

Why does this happen ?

Thanks
Andreas