[cups.general] HP 5200 different media types in different trays?

Jason Sullivan jason0x21 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 06:23:42 PDT 2008

I'm working trying to get an HP 5200 to cooperate w/cups.  The problem
seems to be that the third tray (which is optional) has 1"1x17" paper,
while all other paper contained in the machine is 8.5"x11".  I can't
figure out a way to configure CUPS such that

a) applications can select 11x17 and the paper will come from that
tray automatically or
b) applications will select tray 3 and have documents formatted to an
11x17 page.

Right now I've got documents either not using the whole page, or
requesting that I put 8.5"x11" paper in tray 3, neither of which is
the desired result.  Is this one of those situations where  I'd have
to edit the PPD file?  This seems like a simple thing, but I couldn't
find it in the forums.

Thanks.

--
Jason Sullivan