[cups.general] HP 5200 different media types in different trays?

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Tue Jul 15 08:27:16 PDT 2008

Jason Sullivan wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 11:04 AM, Helge Blischke <h.blischke at srz.de> wrote:
>
>>Jason Sullivan wrote:
>>
>>> What next?
>>
>>You did not tell which CUPS version you are using. I remember that some of
>>the 1.2.x versions used to include the default settings from the PPD
>>*after* the individual settings provided by command line options
>>or KDE utilities etc. and thus forcing the defaults to supercede whatever
>>the user had selected. That has been fixed in one of the late 1.2.x
>>versions and is OK in 1.3.x.
>

> Oops, my apologies.  I'm running 1.3.7 (under Ubuntu 8.04 LTS, if that
> makes any difference).

Well, then I'm out of ideas now. perhaps you could do a test performing the
following steps:
(1)	stop the queue in question and print a sample.
(2) 	save the spool file (the dxxxxx-yyy) as, say, test.ps
(3)	run
	cupsfilter -m application/vnd.cups-postscript -p /etc/cups/ppd/yourprinter.ppd test.ps >   out.ps
(4)	post (an url to) both files.

(yourprinter should be replaced by the real queue name).

Helge

Note: I do not know if the cupsfilter utility gets installed by default
on your Ubuntu distro; you may need to install the development package
or download the sources, compile them and use only the cupsfilter utility
from what you compiled.

--
Helge Blischke
Softwareentwicklung