Dollar sign font problem

Tim tim_dorian at bose.com
Tue Jul 15 08:59:57 PDT 2008

I am currently running ESP print pro 4.5.12 on my AIX LPAR running 5.3 TL7. I was introduced to a unique problem the other day and since the commercial version is no longer supported, here I am.

Apparently our SAP people are telling me that when they print checks, the dollar sign on the check needs to have a line that goes all the way through (top to bottom) on the dollar sign. When they print out their documents the dollar sign that prints is the same one that looks like the one shown on the system $.

Now if you took this post, and copied in to notepad on the PC, the dollar sign would have a line all the way through. If you copied it to wordpad, it would not.

I've saved the output going through cups to the printer and I get same results with wordpad and notepad.

This all seems like a font thing to me. On all printers I have tested so far, I get the dollar sign without the line all of the way through. How can I fix this? And yes, this is a stupid issue, but they are insisting that some government entity now insists the checks have a dollar sign with a line all of the way through.