Dollar sign font problem

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Tue Jul 15 14:14:34 PDT 2008

Tim wrote:
> This all seems like a font thing to me. On all printers I have
 > tested so far, I get the dollar sign without the line all of the
 > way through. How can I fix this?

This *is* a font issue.  The simplest way to change fonts is to
replace the Courier file in /usr/share/cups/fonts with a different,
fixed-width Type 1 (ASCII) PostScript font file.  If you can only
find a TrueType font with the correct dollar sign, use FontForge
to convert it.

(For that matter, I think FontForge provides a way for you to edit
characters, so you could modify the dollar sign to have a line all
the way through...)