Backend not detects USB printer

shermin sherminismail at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 04:03:20 PDT 2008

Hi,
I am trying to develop custom backend for my printer using libusb.I tried to get the device id for my printer.I checked the libusb code coming with cups but unable to find the parameters to usb_control_msg.How will we identify the requesttype,request,value and index for this ??
What i understood is that i dont have to send any vendor specific commands for getting the device id.COrrect me if i am wrong.

Shermin