[cups.general] Printer queues management

henri henri at stmargarets.school.nz
Mon Jul 21 15:45:46 PDT 2008

I would guess that once a job has been spooled to the printer the
printer would then be in control of the job. If the job is on the
printserver then the job will be managed by the printserver.

I am not sure about Canon but I believe Sharp printers have an option
to modify the screen on the printer via an API.

If the Canon also have a publicly accessible API to program the touch
screen, then you should be able to  modify it to display the CUPS web
page and maybe if there is support for a browser interact with this
page?