New to CUPS implemntation

beckham accessbalaji at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 07:14:00 PDT 2008

Guys,
I am new to CUPS and i have read only few introduction documents on CUPS and IPP. I have a problem here. I have a business requirement here. We are going to host a new
Web application. In that we have requirement , the client who are accessing the application will have the local network
printers attached to them and will be sitting in some other location. In one of the page , they will say print. When they do it, i must find the printer which is attached to them and print the data. The printer will have an static IP which i will know.

Is this possible with the help of CUPS. If yes, how do i install cups . Should i have seperate machine as a
print server ? Is there any books or documents which gives a complete installation and configuration steps for CUPS.
And also give me steps to implement the above scenario.

Please somebody help me.