IPP updates clobber manually-configured printer(s) [solved! (really)]

Del del at alum.mit.edu
Tue Jul 22 12:00:57 PDT 2008

> > I'm (hopefully) answering my own question: ...
> >   [blithering snipped...]
> >    :

Sorry for the last bit of noise, but rather than leave it hanging:

This was completely self-inflicted.  Looks like a locally-grown "check the printers" script was being run on my behalf, but without my knowledge.  Since my locally defined printers were not on the formal NIS/YP-based list of printers, they would get stripped away (and the list added), in spite of my edits.  Oh well.

Back to your regularly-scheduled programming...