Kerberos authentication breaks admin.cgi

bse bse at chalmers.se
Mon Jul 28 00:31:40 PDT 2008

> bse wrote:
> > Has anyone seen this before?
>  >
> > In the logfile I get:
> > E [24/Jul/2008:10:23:00 +0200] Unable to create new credentials cache (-1765328188/File exists)
>  > ...
>
> Yes, you have an old version of Kerberos with known bugs.  You need
> at least krb5 1.6.3 installed for working Kerberized printing... :(
>
> --

Thanks!
I tried to debug/strace the processes, and ran into strange behavior, wich pointed to the Kerberos calls. When I then started to look in the RedHat kerberos code, I couldn't understand how it ever could be working.

I will try to update the Kerberos libs, and start again.

BTW: Is there eny documentation (apart from source code) on what parts of Cups that are kerberized?

Webgui -> cupsd
cupsd -> admin.cgi
lpr/lpq/lprm -> cupsd

How can I define (root at) localhost to always be trusted to set the username (samba printing) but all other must use kerberos?

Thanks again!

//Bse