pstoraster problem?

Bernd Krumböck b.krumboeck at universalnet.at
Wed Jul 30 00:52:36 PDT 2008

> I have a R285 and a R2400 epson printers.
> On the same computer.
> All with USB connexions.
> But when I try to print, on the R285, the test page or from any software
> using pstoraster it crashes with error 11.
> It is working fine with the R2400.
> I can print from the gimp on every printer (but it is in raw mode...)
>
> I have installed cups 1.3.7
> cups pstoraster-8.15.4
> ghostscript-gpl 8.62
>
> .... why one is working and not the the other?
>
> --
> regisr

I assume error 11 means "segmentation fault". So this sounds like a software bug in pstoraster (which is a filter provided by ghostscript)

Why haven't you installed the pstoraster filter from your ghostscript implementation, which should be much newer?

I guess the problem is not in CUPS, so you should file a bug report on ghostscript website.

regards!
Bernd