problem with custom ppd options

Christian Lupien lupien at physique.usherbrooke.ca
Thu Jul 10 20:06:07 PDT 2008

> Christian Lupien wrote:
> > But this does not explain the problem with the JCL custom (I could not get it to work with lpr -o JCLPhone=Custom.1234
> > That did select the Custom output strings but 1234 is nowhere to be found (it did not replace \1).
>
> Can you provide a URL to the complete PPD?

I placed a version at
 http://www.physique.usherbrooke.ca/lupien/files/copierfax.ppd
I run cups in fedora 9. The backend I use is
file:///tmp/printtest (after enabling file in cupsd.conf)
I test with something like
echo test | lpr -P copierfax -o JCLPhone=Custom.12345 -o Phone=Custom.54321

Then look around at the OID_ATT_FAX_DESTINATION_PHONE lines.

Cheers
Christian