CUPS driver Localization

Michael R Sweet msweet at apple.com
Wed Jul 16 09:45:10 PDT 2008

keens312 wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> A CUPS driver has two parts needs to be localized, UI and Status messages.
>
> For UI, we can use ppdc to generate multiple language PPDs.
> For Status message, what's the correct way for this?
>
> Is it possible to put all status strings to DRV file and load them from PPD when filter needs them?

For printer-state-reasons keywords (persistent conditions you report
via STATE: messages), use the PPD compiler to localize your
cupsIPPReason attributes.

For filter-generated messages ("Printing page 1, 15%", etc.), use
CoreFoundation and bundle your filter.  An example of this is
available from Apple in the "SampleRaster" project.