Duplex options

keens312 keens312 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 16 20:47:35 PDT 2008

> keens312 wrote:
> > Hi Michael,
> >
> > My printer has manual duplex and auto duplex.
> >
> > What CUPS options should I pass in my filter respectively?
> >
> > When auto duplex, i wish the even pages content rotated. any special option for that?
>
> See:
>
>      http://www.cups.org/documentation.php/spec-ppd.html
>
> Look at both the cupsFlipDuplex and cupsBackSide attributes, which
> control rotation/flipping of the back side image of raster printers.
>
> --
> Michael R Sweet                        Senior Printing System Engineer

Hi Michael,

I have read the ppd spec carefully.

In my PPD on OSX 10.5 wrote like this as spec suggested:
*cupsBackSide: Rotated
*cupsFlipDuplex: true

Then I print a four-page-job with two-sided-long-edge,
I expect that the even or odd pages content be rotated 180 degree.
But it printed without any rotation, the same as no duplexing job.

I also tried *cupsBackSide: Flipped, also does NOT work.
I also tried two-sided-short-edge, also does NOT work.

Question 1. Should I do more work in my filter? such as read PPD attributes and change raster header or add options ...

Question 2. How to debug my issue? Which data struct will be affected by cupsBackSide or cupsFlipDuplex? I may step debug it and watch if the PPD settings take effect.

Thanks
Keene