Duplex does not work on Mac

keens312 keens312 at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 21 17:13:26 PDT 2008

> keens312 wrote:
> > Hi Michael,
> >
> > Auto Duplex does not work as expected on Mac.
> >
> > cgpdftoraster does not rotate raster data, although I have specified *cupsBackSide "Rotated" in PPD.
>
> What version of Mac OS X?
>
> cupsBackSide was introduced in Mac OS X 10.5 and is not understood by
> older Mac OS X releases.  You should also include the cupsFlipDuplex
> keyword if you driver needs to work on older Mac OS X releases.
> (this is documented in the spec-ppd.html help file...)
>
> --
I am using OSX 10.5 Leopard.
The PPD contains
*cupsBackSide   "Rotated"
*cupsFlipDuplex "True"

I tried all kinds of options in command line to print duplex:
$ lp -oPrintoutMode=Draft -oDuplex=DuplexNoTumble test.pdf
$ lpr Duplex=DuplexNoTubmble test.pdf
$ lpr -o Duplex=DuplexNoTubmble test.pdf
$ lpr -o Duplex=True test.pdf
$ lpr -o 'sides=two-sided-long-edge' test.pdf

None of them work for duplex, Michael, what's the correct option to tell CUPS RIP filter (cgpdftoraster) to rotated even pages?