Installation of CUPS in HP-UX 11i

Bernd Krumböck b.krumboeck at universalnet.at
Mon Jun 2 07:48:00 PDT 2008

> Hi.. thanks.. this is really useful....
>
> i downloaded CUPS and all the dependency libraries mentioned below....
> after gunzipped the files in step (1).. i tried swinstall
> i.e. swinstall -s /path/\file.depot \*
>
> it is giving error "The software dependencies for 1 products or filesets cnnot be resolved."
>
> can you please explain why I am getting this error and how to resolve it.
>
> Thanks,

Another software depot file must be installed first.

Please read the whole error message from swinstall. There must be a suggestion with "swlog ...." in the output.

Please execute this command and try to find out which software product is missing.

If you have problems, copy the whole output of "swlog ..." to this forum.

regards!
Bernd