[cups.general] Images split into two parts

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Tue Jun 3 07:39:23 PDT 2008

lists.cups-general at duinheks.nl wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> I've set up cups 1.3.7 and hplip 2.8.4 as provided with the
> SlackWare 12.1 distribution.
> When I try to print an image to printer PhotoA4, an HP
> PhotoSmart 7250 on USB, the image is cut into two parts
> lengthwise and divided onto two sheets of paper.
> What's going on and how can I solve this problem?

By default (and you can read about this in the online help [1]), CUPS
will scale images to their "natural" size, which defined by the
resolution information in the file (default is 128 PPI) and the
dimensions of the image.  If the image won't fit on a single page,
it is broken up over multiple pages.

Use "fitplot" or "scaling=100" to keep the image on a single page.

1. The online help is at "http://localhost:631/help/options.html"