Cups authentication at networkprinter

Admin admin at mechbau.uni-stuttgart.de
Thu Jun 5 02:32:59 PDT 2008

Hi everybody,

in our faculty we have a network printer, i.e. a Oce MP1050, which needs authentication to allow printing. The users are already configured locally at the Oce.

In our Institute we run an internal Cups-Server, which we would like to use also for the Oce. But the problem is, how can the users authenticate themselfes at the Cups-Server and, more important, is it possible to pass throug this information to the faculty printer?

Thank you for your help. Have a nice day,
Fabian and Ayhan