print double sided multiple pages per sheet

stonerhash fotaros at gmail.com
Sat Jun 7 13:02:09 PDT 2008

Hi there people,

I am using raw cups with windows ( I 've added the printer via cups http address). My printer is an HP Officejet 1020 without doublexer.

Although I can perfectly print I have the following problem.

When I print multiple pages double sided the print won't stop and pop
a message in order to reinsert the sheets on tray, so all pages are printed one sided. HP drivers used to pop a message (via usb)

Is it possible to double side print multiple pages per sheet?

I need something like this
one side   otherside
1---2        5--6
3---4        7--8

Keep in mind that I dont have a duplexer and It seems that with raw sockets I have not the bidirectional features enabled. Any ideas