[cups.general] Debian print server and Windows

henri henri at stmargarets.school.nz
Tue Jun 10 16:23:24 PDT 2008

> As long as I can use the printer to full capabilities and have HP-
> ToolBox working (which currently it doesn't display system info on
> the printer) and print from Windows I will be ok.

A generic PPD will probably not provide printer info such as toner
levels etc. Even with the correct print drivers installed I wonder if
this information would be available when printing via a print server.

If the "MS Publisher Imagesetter" works for you, then the latest
version of PrinterSetup has "experimental" support for the creation of
print queue creation scripts for Microsoft Windows.

Check out the following URL for screencasts, downloads and more : http://www.lucidsystems.org/printingworks/printersetup/