Installation of CUPS in HP-UX 11i

nivi rnivi26 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 11 01:14:47 PDT 2008

> > > The last HP-UX release I saw on a PA 1.x architectur was 10.20. I am very sure you alread have PA 2.0 architecture.
> > >
> > > The problem is not the "Warning" message!
> > >
> > > The real problem is the error message after the warnings. Please upgrade your linker to a newer version!
> > >
> > > regards!
> > > Bernd
> > >

> > how to upgrade linker? can you mention the path.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >

> Following patch should solve the problem: PHSS_30049 (itrc.hp.com)
> You can install the patch with swinstall.
>
> regards!
> Bernd

hi,

Thanks for all your support. i got cups installed. I installed patch PHSS_37517.
It got installed. and the CUPS installation with "make" command was running for 5 mins then finally gave error as below..

/usr/include/shadow.h:42 error: conflicting types for "getspnam"
/usr/include/plot.h:650: previous declaration of "getspnam" is here
***Error exit code 1
stop

I searched in net, it is given PHCO_23702 patch will solve this error.
I installed the above mentioned patch. And gave make and make install command. It did not give any error. finally the CUPS got installed.
Thanks to you Bernd, from the begining you helped for all my queries. thanks a lot for all the help.

Thanks,
Nivi..