Installation of CUPS in HP-UX 11i

nivi rnivi26 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 11 05:02:34 PDT 2008

> > hi,
> >
> > Thanks for all your support. i got cups installed. I installed patch PHSS_37517.
> > It got installed. and the CUPS installation with "make" command was running for 5 mins then finally gave error as below..
> >
> > /usr/include/shadow.h:42 error: conflicting types for "getspnam"
> > /usr/include/plot.h:650: previous declaration of "getspnam" is here
> > ***Error exit code 1
> > stop
> >
> > I searched in net, it is given PHCO_23702 patch will solve this error.
> > I installed the above mentioned patch. And gave make and make install command. It did not give any error. finally the CUPS got installed.
> > Thanks to you Bernd, from the begining you helped for all my queries. thanks a lot for all the help.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Nivi..
>
> You're welcome.
>
> It may be possible that cups won't start on your system. If you run into this issue please add an appropriate message to this forum.
>
> regards!
> Bernd

I was able to view cups page http://localhost:631 and installed PPD file and gave print. it works fine. I followed the procedure which was mentioned in this forum. Most of the errors is because of IPv6, libraries, patches, ANSI C/C++ compiler.
Install IPv6, copy the libraries which is installed in /usr/local/lib to /usr/lib, patches from HP site and install ANSI C/C++ trial version in order to compile.

Now CUPS got installed, since i used trial version and if it expires is there any problem in running CUPS.

Thanks,