Installation of CUPS in HP-UX 11i

Bernd Krumböck b.krumboeck at universalnet.at
Wed Jun 11 09:22:23 PDT 2008

> I was able to view cups page http://localhost:631 and installed PPD file and gave print. it works fine. I followed the procedure which was mentioned in this forum. Most of the errors is because of IPv6, libraries, patches, ANSI C/C++ compiler.

ANSI C/C++ compiler is not necessary. Your system uses GCC when you set PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin regardless if ANSI C/C++ is installed or not.

There is no requirement for ANSI C to build CUPS on HP-UX.

> Install IPv6, copy the libraries which is installed in /usr/local/lib to /usr/lib, patches from HP site and install ANSI C/C++ trial version in order to compile.

You can avoid to copy the libraries if you modify my first patch:
Replace /usr/local/lib/hpux32 with /usr/local/lib and /usr/local/lib/hpux32/gss with /usr/local/lib/gss should solve this issue.

> Now CUPS got installed, since i used trial version and if it expires is there any problem in running CUPS.

There is no problem at runtime.

regards!
Bernd