[cups.general] using client.conf on MacOS 10.5

Pierre Frenkiel pierre.frenkiel at laposte.net
Thu Jun 12 03:10:04 PDT 2008

On Thu, 5 Jun 2008, henri wrote:

> You could use PrinterSetup to configure the queues and the queue names on the
> Mac clients.

  It's exactly what I don't want to do:
  When client.conf works, the user has absolutly nothing to do
  when some printer is removed or added ...
  Actually, it's half-working, because the printer names are
  seen correctly when using command line, like "lpc status",...
  but not in gui applications. It's why I think the problem comes
  from some OS 10.5 feature, and not from cups itself.

Pierre Frenkiel