option '-o raw' disables other '-o'-options like -o media=Tray2

ekkard gerlach jack at aiai.de
Tue Jun 17 07:36:18 PDT 2008

ekkard gerlach schrieb:

> the option '-o raw' disables other '-o'-options like -o media=Tray2. We
> prooved it serveral times. Why?
> Is there a workaround?
>
> Example: lp -o raw -o media=Tray2 -d hl5250 /tmp/testfile.ps
>          Tray2 is ignored. We tried to place -o media=Tray2
>          after -d hl5250, we places -o raw after -o medial=Tray2.
>          It did not help.
>
> using cups 1.2.7, OpenSuse 10.2
> thx
> Ekkard

Why we need "-o raw" when the files to print are postscript? - Its
because testfile.ps is postscript level 1(!!) and the CUPS is so "kind"
to manipulate (violate!) testfile.ps so that the HL 5250 prints NOTHING.
Using -o raw the testfile.ps ist printed correctly. But we need to print
that file to another Tray than the default tray  ;-(