Print to a file

Steve Hoyle BFCsaus at sunguru.com
Mon Jun 23 08:43:24 PDT 2008

Hi Silvio,

There is a directory /usr/lib/cups/backend with 8 files including cups-pdf, scsi, serial etc etc...

I configured a printer (im using the GUI) and when asked for the Device I selected 'Serial Port #1' (there was no sign of cups-pdf though) but I think I may need to write a specific backend for this..??..  is it easier though CLI..??..

Ive already set FileWrite in cupsd.conf to yes...

Think im on the right direction but any assistance (especially in a backend to print to a directory) would be gratefully received.

Thanks...

Steve...