Backend not detects USB printer

shermin sherminismail at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 01:18:25 PDT 2008

Hi,
I am using Fedora 8 .I tried to connect my smart card printer tru USB.When i tried to connect my printer tru http://localhost:631/admin,USB is not listed under the device.I checked lsusb and it lists my printer./usr/lib/cups/backend/usb is listing nothing.Please tell me  what to do for this.Output of lpinfo -v is

network socket
network beh
file cups-pdf:/
direct hal
direct hpfax
direct hp
network http
network ipp
network lpd
direct parallel:/dev/lp0
direct scsi
serial serial:/dev/ttyS0?baud=115200
network smb

Here also USB is not listed.Please help me.I have to develop the driver for smart card printers.I thought of writing one filter and ppd for my printer.But now i cannot communicate with my printer.Also /dev/usb directory is not created for me when I plugin my smart card printer.
Help me please

Shermin