[cups.general] CUPS Access Security with AD

Michael R Sweet msweet at apple.com
Wed Jun 25 17:03:48 PDT 2008

Shane wrote:
> Is it possible to provide access and control to the CUPS UI using Windows Active Directory ??  I need to be able to limit access to the GUI Admin functions to Domain Admins only.

In general, yes.  You'll need a recent version of MIT Kerberos on your
CUPS system that is bound to the AD server.  You can either use PAM to
authenticate with a username and password or check the "Use Kerberos
Authentication" box on the CUPS admin page to use your Kerberos
credentials directly (that does require a Kerberos-enabled web
browser...)