[cups.general] page_log / Database logging

Jerome Alet alet at librelogiciel.com
Sat Jun 28 03:10:10 PDT 2008

On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 01:23:24AM -0700, philippe wrote:
> > I'm working on a filter that does exactly this. I've got a prototype
> > done, but it doesn't handle the "db server is down" case yet.  If
> > you're interested in the code email me off-list.
> >
> > On Jan 16, 2005, at 5:25 PM, Alex Monaghan wrote:
> >
> > > Is it possible to get CUPS to log it's entries to page_log into a
> > > database (preferably MySQL) ?
> > >

> Hi,
>
> I am digging up this thread. I also would like to get a script
> moving page_log to a mysql database. The link mentionned in this
> thread is dead and pikota is really to complex for what I want.

Maybe you should give a look at the screencast showing how to install
PyKota onto a working Debian+CUPS box in less than 10 minutes. It's
in the News box on http://www.pykota.com

If after looking at this video you still find PyKota difficult to
install then Jasmine is probably what you want.

You'll find it on cups.org

hth

Jerome Alet