CUPS Access Security with AD

franz.pfoertsch.brose franz.pfoertsch at brose.com
Mon Jun 30 02:52:58 PDT 2008

> We have already 'joined' our server to the domain (net ads join) and use kerberos to pass-thru AD authentication requests.
>
> What other configuration will I require in my cups.conf or do I need to configure PAM/LDAP as well ??

I have done it like you.

It worked with SLES 10 sp1 and cups 1.3.7

first I joined with the sles 10 sp1 tool (this does something magic with (pam).

After this I added the printer admin group from the AD to the cupsd.conf to the SystemGroup parameter . Be carefull with upper and lowercase. use the names like in windows defined:

example: SystemGroup sys root  SYS_CUPS_Printer_Admins

Somebody should write some (kerberos/winbind/...) little howtos, but I don't know where should they be hosted.

regards
Franz