PCL6 driver question

Kai Zhu kaizhu.cn at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 05:14:43 PDT 2008

Hi there,

We are now developing a printer driver. Have done raster driver, now need to support PCL6.Got quite confuzed abt this PCL6.

Firstly, we tried convert "Raster --> PCL6", successed but no useful at all, as it has no PCL6 features like use printer Font etc.

Then we turn to "PS --> PCL6", got stuck here, when trying use GhostScript to convert PS to PCL6, there are many problems, for example, when set paper size to A5, and print, it lost data, the result is clipped.

Are there any other way then GS which can convert PS --> PCL6?
If not, where and how can we customize own features? Is it after the GS convertion?

Also,I'm wondering if anyone has experences in doing PCL6 driver can help? Anything is welcome, u know,like workflow, examples, links, etc.

Many thanks for ur words and time.

BR,
Kai