USR5461 Printing problems

Mike Bongard kravlor at kravlor.com
Mon Jun 9 06:20:08 PDT 2008

> I have a USRobotics router and it has builtin USB port.
> Printing will not happen even though all the CUPS functions seem to work.
>
> Able to print with Windows, but not LINUX. Using Fedora Core 5 and using CUPS Localhost /632 to perform the setup.
>
> Jobs just  sit forever.
>
> Any help?

Email USR tech support regarding this issue, since they made a buggy IPP print server which did not properly implement the protocol!

The nice thing is that I write this knowing that a firmware now exists which solves the issue nicely and works with at least 1.2.x, which is "good enough" for me and my Fedora distro.